Bitter cold and gusty winds tonight for much of our area.
…Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 am EST Friday…
* locations…the foothills of western North Carolina.
* Hazards…very gusty winds.
* Timing…winds will increase this evening and maximize
* Winds…northwest 15 to 25 mph with isolated gusts above 45
* Impacts…a few trees and power lines will likely fall…
resulting in isolated power outages. Difficult driving
conditions can also be expected.
A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts of 46 to 57 mph are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult…
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.